Monday, November 3, 2008

De-cluttering, is there such a word? It sure feels good!


Yesterday was spent sorting out boxes of stuff in my garage.
As I am moving into Vancouver in 4 weeks I am getting organized for the move.
I am renting out my house in Maple Ridge and have limited space to store my things as well as those of my children that have been left in my place while they live independantly.
I had a great day, cleared out an office space at the front of my garage, washing the window etc.
Then I moved Luke's things in there until he returns from Montreal in February.
I listed things on craigslist and happily gave away some track lighting we had in our gallery/shop in Alouette Arts many years ago.
I sold my piano for $100. a true gift as it works and sounds great. This one is a bit sad for me as the piano was bought for me by my parents when we moved to England when I was 17. It has 'The Arcade, Barnsley' written on it, my brother still lives near Barnsley, in Yorkshire. My father, who passed away in 2000, really encouraged my music and sacrificed a lot in order to pay for my lessons. Still, it is ok, because Darryle, who purchased the piano, had a father who played jazz, and he has always wanted to play the piano, so this is perfect.
I am grateful for such a productive day, I also sold four of my dining chairs and loaded up my car with things for the thrift store, and things I can take to school, art supplies, kids books etc, I teach morning kindergarten you see.
I discovered the Amazon widget, they actually emailed me about it, so I decided to add it to my blog to display and share the wonderful books I use the most to support me in my transformation.
These books have come to me in amazing ways, leapt out at me when I needed them. They brought me positive affirmations, visualization practices, meditation and morning pages. I am forever grateful to the authors of these books for sharing their insights and expressing ancient wisdom so well.
It feels so good to be clearing out the old, I have bags of recycling ready to go on Tuesday when our wonderful recycling society come to pick it up from the sidewalk. Thank you.

No comments: