Sunday, January 9, 2011

Back Again After Quite a While

I have been so busy and setting up blogs and youtube channels, teaching full time and taking time to visit family and cuddle grandchildren that it seems I have been doing a lot of changing and growing as time slips by.

My daughter Beth has started working in the Magic Puddle Productions office and it is really making a difference. Beth has so much experience in the Arts and Entertainment Management field and it is truly a gift to have her working for Magic Puddle.

She has distribution to the  Library systems here in Canada and the USA  and I am currently developing new project to build our product line. It is certainly exciting to here she has got new radio/web stations playing the songs from Growing Up Green and we are working on a tour for 2011 that fits in with my teaching schedule.

I got to perform at Burnaby Village for four days over Christmas and this was so magical. Telling stories and singing songs for families out for a day at this special location is certainly a joyful experience. 

I am looking forward to 2011, the bookings are coming in and I hope to be presenting at several Education conferences both here in BC and in the US.

Another amazing thing is that I am applying to do my Masters in Education in Arts Education at SFU, starting in September.  This is the perfect time for me to do this and my special friend Loretta is also applying alongside me, so we can support each other on our journey.  It is my goal to ultimately be able to further share my teaching experiences and strategies with other teachers or student teachers.
So I have been affirming, I am in the right place at the right time doing the right thing.

More on my new blogs for sharing songs, chants and stories next time.

No comments: