Thursday, July 4, 2013

Sitting by Bennett Bay on Mayne Island


After a relaxing summer day in my trailer, reading and recharging my batteries, I decided to walk down to Bennett Bay. It's only a ten minute walk and I decided to visit the sandy side tonight.

It is such a lovely beach with driftwood logs lining the shore, bleached white in the sun. Also seaweed floats where the water  meets the sand. And the waves washing in are so relaxing.  


Folks are just setting out for an evening of kayaking. The waters of Bennett bay on Mayne island are fairly calm and the perfect place for kayaking.

This is something I hope to do one day. 

Seeing the kayakers is quite a coincidence as my masters cohort went kayaking at Deep Cove last night. Since transferring over to the thesis program I don't get to do all the fun things that go with the embodied movement course I am missing.  I miss the weekly classes and getting to talk with all the members of my cohort. Such interesting and generous people.  
Still I'm not complaining about being able to sit here on a log and take in this wonderful evening, breathe in the salty air and feel the summer breeze on my face. 

I am here on the island to put some plans in place for building my cob house. I feel so fortunate to have had a couple of days to unwind. 
Tomorrow I hope to connect with those who own logging trucks and wood mills  :-) .

No comments: